it’s a review about a great documentary called Montana Fare. Among other great reads on the site,
you can also check out what my writing looks like when I try to be professional and all that jazz.
I was totally not ready for today to be Monday.
This past weekend was wonderful – lots of good times, good friends, and good food. I was really sad to see it go, as evidenced by my complete refusal to turn off my alarm this morning. I thought that if I didn’t acknowledge it, it would go away, and somehow time would turn back. FH rolled over, looked at me, and asked, “Are you alright? That thing has been going off for forever.”
Happy Monday indeed.
Overall, it’s not been a bad day. No Terrific Tuesday, but not a bad day. FH and I had wine and noshed with some friends of ours tonight, and it was just what the doctor ordered to fix my mediocre Monday blahs.
You know what else that doctor ordered? An apple a day, to keep him away. Of course!
Mini Apple Crisps
Vegan and Parve, depending on the butter you use.
Makes 2 individual crisps
- 1 – 1 1/2 apples, sliced
- 1 tablespoon granulated white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup quick oats
- 1 tablespoon butter, margarine, etc.
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 2 small ramekins, or other small baking dishes
- Preheat your oven to the magical baking number, 350°. Mix the apples, granulated white sugar, and cinnamon together in a medium sized bowl.
- When the apples are evenly coated, transfer them to the ramekins
- In a separate bowl, mix the quick oats and brown sugar together. Cut the butter into the quick oats/brown sugar mixture.
- Top the apples with the oat mixture, making sure to cover them evenly.
- Place the ramekins on a cookie sheet and bake in the middle of the oven for 12 – 14 minutes, until the topping has begun to turn golden.
- Eat and enjoy 🙂
I hope this helps get your week off to a sweet start as well! What’s your fail-proof way of making sure your Mondays turn out great? Mine is to play happy, fun music while getting ready in the morning. Yes, I am that person who still sings into her hairbrush. I think FH has a new reason to ask if I’m okay!