As a child, I loved the movie Pocahontas. A strong, brave, beautiful women from a rich culture standing up for peace and Mother Earth? Sign me up. To boot, “Colors of the Wind” is one of the catchiest Disney songs … Continue reading
No posts. Two days. Really sorry. Busy week.
Day-long workshop. Times three.
Hebrew study. Hiring paperwork.
Early mornings. Late nights. Little sleep.
No time. Really sorry.
Getting better. Tomorrow’s Friday. Thank G-d!
Uh oh. What’s that? Tummy rumbling? Too tired. Simple dinner!
Makes 4 servings
- 1/2 c. brown rice
- 1/4 c. lentils
- 1 1/2 c. water
- 1 jar curry sauce (mine’s below)
- 1 handful kale, washed, de-stemmed, and chopped into small pieces
- 1/3 block (~5 oz.) tofu
- Combine rice, lentils, and water in a large saucepan. Bring to a rolling boil, then allow to simmer until all the water is absorbed, about 25 min. If the rice/lentils are not tender, add more water and allow to simmer until soft.
- Add the curry sauce. Mix well and reduce heat to low (about a 3 on a scale of 1 – 10)
- Add kale and mix well. Allow to cook for 3-5 minutes, or until kale is wilted and tender.
- Add tofu and mix well. Serve hot!
Very yummy. Happy Joy. Happy BF.
It’s 7:00? Sleepy time.
Lame post. Really sorry. Better tomorrow.